Do you want to
- Understand how best to communicate a message in an increasingly tough, competitive environment?
- Structure your knowledge and ideas to make efficient convincing arguments?
- Gain credibility and trust while avoiding frustration and misunderstandings and save time while preparing your presentation?
Sign up for the NFiP provided two days course in practical Rhetoric. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by NFiP. The course will be held in either Norwegian or English, depending on the needs of the actual participants.
- Dates: October 28th-29th
- Venue: Thon Hotel Vika Atrium, Munkedamsveien 45, 0250 Oslo
- Who can participate: PhD- and master students in petroleum technology and energy conversion
- Course schedule: Thursday 10-16 and Friday 09-15
What is rhetoric?
The term rhetoric is defined as the art of being able to convince someone about something in order to achieve a specific outcome. The art of persuasion is more demanding than ever. The ancient art of rhetoric has a 2,500 year history that brings ancient tools to this modern problem.
Rhetoric, based on specific practical models, structures and tools, increases an individual’s powers of communication.
The course combines concrete, practical tools with training sessions which will ensure the understanding of the theory on an individual and personal level. You will decide relevant topics of your own choice for the presentations to work with during the course.
- The fundament of rhetoric
- How to formulate a precise message
- The refining of argument (logos, ethos, and pathos)
- Assertions and solid evidence
- The way of structuring your presentation
- Select your words, – how to engage your audience
- How to be able to give a speech at short notice
- Practical cases and individual training as well as in groups
Apply for participation
Please fill out your application for the course in this form:
Application deadline: October 25th
Questions? Please contact Else Johannesen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Siri Blindheim from Mestringspilotene AS (www.mestringspilotene.no) is an experienced Course Instructor who has been conducting rhetoric courses for 20 years, within the oil and gas sector, other industry and at different leadership trainings.