Lectures will include resource characterization. Focus over the 5 days includes:
1. Introduction to subsea platform and environmental issues.
2. Introduction to marine geochemistry with a focus on light isotope geochemistry.
3. Petroleum seepage assessment.
4. Gas diffusion and advection studies.
5. Environmental impact and platform stability.
6. Carbon sequestration.
– Application deadline: September 30th, 2016
Send your application (document motivation to participate) and academic CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Available places: max 30
– Travel and Reimbursement:
NorTex/NFiP will cover travel and accommodation cost according to the following rules:
1. When a letter of acceptance to participate in the course is received, each participant needs to book and pay for the round trip air fare as outlined in the acceptance letter. The travel expenses will be refunded , but is strictly limited to NOK 8 500.- (US$ 1 000) for students from Norway and for domestic US students limited to US$ 500.-
2. Accommodations in double room occupancy at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi will be provided free of charge by NorTex/NFiP from Sunday Oct. 23rd- Saturday Oct. 29th.
3. To receive refunds, all expenses need to be documented by receipts.
4. Lunches will be provided every day during the course and a dinner on Friday Oct. 28th will be provided, other food expenses will need to be covered by each of the participants themselves. At the completion of the course a travel report needs to be sent to NorTex/NFiP at contact@NFiPweb.org. Refunds from NorTex/NFiP will be received within 4 weeks after turning in the expense report.
A Course certificate after completion of the course will be issued and may be used towards achieving credits at your own institution, if accepted by this institution.