Petroleum Research School of Norway
Education of petroleum researchers at Norwegian universities will benefit from coordinated, interdisciplinary collaboration between the Norwegian universities graduating PhD’s in petroleum related scientific disciplines. A Petroleum Research School of Norway has been established to coordinate lectures given by the different universities and to provide intensive courses, seminars and conferences for all PhD students in Norway with research projects related to petroleum. The objective is also to establish discussion groups, collaborating opportunities and interdisciplinary meeting places for PhD students and their supervisors.
PhD students admitted to a doctoral study at their respective departments at Norwegian universities or at MoU universities, may apply for participation in activities provided by the Petroleum Research School of Norway. Links to applications for the various activities are found on the announcement for each activity. Admittance is decided by the Executive Board. Other questions may be directed through Contact Us.
Board of the Petroleum Research School of Norway
- Egil Tjåland, PhD, Dept. Head at Department of Geoscience and Petroleum, NTNU
- Prof. Ole Torsæter, Dept. of Geoscience and Petroleum, NTNU
- Prof. Svein M. Skjæveland, Dept. of Petroleum Engineering, UiS
- Prof. Merete Vadla Madland, Leader National IOR Centre of Norway, Dept. of Petroleum Engineering, UiS
- Prof. Leiv Gelius, Dept. of Geology, UiO
- Prof. Annik Myhre, Dept. of Geology, UiO
- Prof. Alfred Hanssen, Leader Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Expl. (ARCEx), Dept. of Geology, UiT
- Assoc. Prof. Sten Andreas Grundvåg, Dept. of Geology, UiT
- Prof. Tor Arne Johansen, Dept. of Earth Science, UiB
- Prof. Arne Graue, Dept. of Physics and Technology, UiB
Elected Chairman of the Board and Leader for the Petroleum Research School of Norway is Prof. Arne Graue, Dept. of Physics and Technology, UiB.
A secretariat is established at the research group for Petroleum and Process Technology, Dept. of Physics and Technology, UiB. Associate Prof. Martin A. Fernø is coordinator for the research school.